Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of 70+ and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another exceptional Creative Strategist to join our 22 strong in-house Creative department. Someone who is undeniably creative and lives and breathes social. Someone who can think big, small and everything in between. Someone who can come up with social-first ideas and executions that help our clients feel relevant in an increasingly fragmented world. We're after people who will push boundaries with innovative thinking, but can also be pragmatic and work within constraints.
As a Creative Strategist, you work closely with the Strategy team to understand our client's brief, challenges, and opportunities, and use these to build out creative concepts that achieve measurable results. You also work closely with the Creative team, briefing in and overseeing the production process to help bring your ideas to life.
You’ll report directly into the Executive Creative Director, and take total responsibility over your projects. We don’t specialise in any particular sector, meaning any given brief presents completely new challenges and opportunities.
Who we're looking for
This role is perfect for anyone who's been in a social conceptual creative role, in house or agency side, for the last few years. This could be a creative, creative lead, senior creative, art director or copywriter. Creative Strategists are hybrids and pull on a variety of different creative skills, so you will need to have a body of work that shows this off. Specifically we'll be on the lookout for someone with:
- Minimum of 4 years agency experience in a conceptual creative or Creative Strategy role.
- A deep understanding of social media and how it can be harnessed for a variety of businesses.
- An understanding of various creative strategy and ideation frameworks.
- A proven ability to oversee the creative production process.
- Solid deck writing, formatting and presentation skills.
What you'll be doing
Translating strategy into effective social-first creative ideas for pitch, project, always on and campaign work.
- Building out social-first creative guidelines that span visual identity, art direction and tone of voice.
- Pitching and presenting, at both the new business stage and project delivery.
- Leading internal and external ideation workshops.
- Building briefs and overseeing the creative production process to make sure all work aligns with your creative vision.
- Managing your allocated time efficiently and effectively to meet your client's scopes of work.
- Producing thought leadership and internal education that continually helps to define and establish social best practice.
- Supporting the writing of case studies and awards entries, proving creativity and effectiveness of our work.
- Keeping in tune with new behaviours, platforms and tools that are changing the landscape.
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to diversity and inclusion.