SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
LONDON (Hybrid Working)
A benchmarked salary between £36,000 to £42,000 based on your level within our progression framework. You can read more about our approach to performance, salary, and progression here.
👋 Who we are
Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of almost 100 people and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Senior Social Media Manager to join our team.
✏️ What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining up-to-date industry-leading knowledge on key and emerging social media platforms, functions, communities, cultures, and trends that inform leading agency output.
- Oversee and advise on the distribution of all organic content. Using your sophisticated understanding of the platforms to advise and review when, where, and how often content should be shared to achieve strategic goals.
- Utilising your expertise to ensure all paid and organic content strategically complements one another and is delivering the results required.
- Define how clients strategically connect with their audience through community management.
- Owning the strategic ideation of influencer campaigns, identifying key opportunities to partner with creators and working closely with Social Media Managers to execute effectively.
- Setting the standard for reporting through the delivery of key account reports. Driving creative development by working closely with Account Director’s and Strategists on these reports that clearly communicate the value of our work.
- Build meaningful relationships with our clients, establishing their trust in us as social media experts through industry-leading output.
- Through cultural knowledge, social listening and in-depth channel insights identify and propose opportunities for brand building reactive content. Working closely with Social Media Managers to execute effectively.
- Creating a technically high-performing Social Media Manager team, through education, teaching sessions and on-account coaching or mentoring.
- Ensuring account teams, especially Social Media Managers understand the standard of work they should produce and that those standards are reached.
- Spotting opportunities to improve Social Media Manager output through optimising process, introduction of new tools, agency communication, etc.
- Owning the personal and professional development of Social Media Managers through the running of weeklies, monthlies and performance reviews.
- Responsible for leading the Hiring process for new prospective Social Media Managers on the team, from phone screeners, task assessment to role offer.
👀 Who we're looking for:
- A creative thinker & writer: you're able to work both independently and collaboratively on ideation for content across social
- You love brands and social media: you're fascinated by brands, how they market themselves and use social media to do this. You are naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential.
- Pride in your work: we treat our client's brands as our own and are meticulous about our approach. You will take real pride in what you deliver and always strive for perfection
- Real drive and ambition: you'll be constantly adapting to the ever-growing world of social, and we need people who have the mindset of growth as well as the ambition to get there
- You'll have four or more years of experience working with social media (agency-side preferable)
✌️ Our values:
Our values aim to pinpoint the magic ingredients for us at our best. We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
See Challenge as Opportunity... is about our attitude and to be very clear, this is not a value of optimism, nor is it about loving every challenge.
Say It Simply... is how we communicate. Think of the basic rules of communication - honest, clear, confident.
Do What You Say... is the crux of our reputation and longevity. When you join Born Social, our trust is fully given. It is yours to lose.
Make Each Other Better... is about our culture of collaboration and commitment to development. We are only as good as the people around us so we all take responsibility for developing each other, as well as ourselves.
Consciously Contribute...is bigger than all the others. It ensures we grow right. It broadens our focus beyond Born Social and cements our commitment to doing what’s just, not what’s easy or immediately self-serving.
💙 Everyone's welcome:
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family, or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.