Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social, bringing method to the madness. From household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of almost 70 people and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Business Development Manager to join our team.
What you'll be doing
As Business Development Manager you will be a fundamental part of the New Business & Marketing team. Your primary focuses will include:
- Building out a database of leads, covering key sectors, brands, and decision-makers who we want our marketing to be resonating with.
- Maintaining clean data across our CRM software (Hubspot), covering existing clients and prospects.
- Running prospecting campaigns to generate meetings with potential clients in the retail, FMCG, e-commerce sectors and beyond.
- Qualifying prospects from first outreach through to calls, meetings and developing relationships with brands ahead of passing them over to the New Business Manager & Head of New Business & Marketing to close the opportunities.
- Where appropriate, attending meetings to win new business, and develop in the role.
What we'll expect from you
Book meetings with prospects in line with monthly targets:
- Identify and profile relevant leads at target companies using the tools at your disposal to pull relevant contact information.
- Working with Marketing and the wider Sales team to identify viable prospects based on a deep understanding of our industry, our offering and an accurate analysis of the prospect’s needs.
- Conduct core market research and training to gain sufficient understanding to be credible with prospects in terms of their business operations and pains.
- Run sequences using our tools with the purpose of educating and engaging decision makers in our target customer brands.
- Using a balanced approach, cover multiple touchpoints including email, social, and meetings or calls to be front of mind with the prospect at the right time when briefs are becoming available.
Generate new business opportunities:
- Confidently present our proposition to prospects, making a compelling case for the use of our services versus their existing set-up.
- Using an understanding of our offering, its positioning, and the digital industry as a whole to empathise with client challenges and help to identify solutions in our offering which match their needs.
Ensure smooth handover to Senior New Business team:
- Create opportunities within CRM software (Hubspot) with relevant commercial reporting included, and detailed notes on lead attribution, and next steps.
- Over time, learning to work with senior sales lead on early proposal stages, eventually learning to take an active role in the pitch process.
- Working alongside Marketing and Sales to identify relevant client segments in which to prospect.
- Building a database of prospects from scratch, and working with the wider sales & marketing team to build upon the existing prospect database.
Who we're looking for
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a prospecting or sales role in the marketing, media, or advertising sector.
- You have a basic understanding of CRM systems, such as Hubspot.
Skills / attributes:
- Resilience - you have what it takes to quickly move beyond rejection and on to the next prospect, maintaining a positive attitude, understanding the value of the role you play in the wider team's context.
- Excellent communication - you have strong written and verbal communication skills, able to quickly get to the point in emails, and effectively explain our proposition.
- Personable - you know how to make prospects comfortable talking to you, and they find you both engaging and credible relating to our offering.
- Organisation - you can follow a process, handle multiple conversations and stay on top of a varied and rapidly changing workload without dropping the ball.
- Critical thinking - you can quickly identify and overcome blockers and objections, creatively linking a prospect’s needs.
After 12 months in the role, we would expect the right candidate to develop the skills required to generate and close business independently, enabling diversification of the role into a wider New Business role.
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.