Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social by bringing method to the madness. We partner with the brands of tomorrow, future-focused and growing companies, from household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of almost 70 people and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for another Social Media Manager to join our team.
We are looking for a passionate Social Media Manager to work specifically on our brilliant long term client, Mars Wrigley's Confectionery.
You will work with them exclusively, managing two brands - Snickers and M&M'S - and will form part of the internal Mars 'social hub' team. This means you essentially sit between brand-side and agency-side, giving you the best of both worlds!
As a Social Media Manager you will be responsible for engaging and building audiences to help grow and transform the social presence (fan base and engagement levels) and report on our Organic and Paid social strategy across key platforms. The role is to be the voice of the brands and guardian of our social tone of voice as we embark on a journey into culture. Responsibilities include copywriting posts, monitoring social media platforms, driving customer interactions and collaborating with Creatives and Brand Managers to deliver industry leading activations.
There is some really exciting work coming up and we know you'll love working with Mars as much as we do.
What you'll be doing:
- Community Management: owning the strategy for getting into culture through building with community and responding to any comments which give the brand an opportunity to do so.
- Seeking out opportunities to be reactive, through regular monitoring of the platforms, pitching, and creating content reacting to social trends and cultural commentary.
- Reporting: responsible for reporting on the success of our output, contextualising data and dissecting performance, leading on any actions in content in response to performance.
- Content ideation and platform strategy: working with our Strategy, Social Media Manager, and Creative teams to ensure we are producing best-in-class, social-first content.
- Scheduling all content across relevant channels.
- Copywriting: acting as the voice across the brand channels, writing copy across community responses as well as for captions on our social posts.
Who we're looking for:
- A creative thinker & writer: you're able to work both independently and collaboratively on ideation for content across social
- You love brands and social media: you're fascinated by brands, how they market themselves, and use social media to do this. You are naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential.
- Pride in your work: we treat our client's brands as our own and are meticulous about our approach. You will take real pride in what you deliver and always strive for perfection
- Real drive and ambition: you'll be constantly adapting to the ever-growing world of social, and we need people who have the mindset of growth as well as the ambition to get there
- You'll have one or more years of experience working with social media (agency-side preferable)
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of an inclusive and representative team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to inclusion, diversity, and representation.