Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social by bringing method to the madness. We partner with the brands of tomorrow, future-focused and growing companies, from household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of almost 70 people and not stopping there.
We believe in adding real business value to our clients. Work that is tied closely to account strategy and often tasked with getting people to take action. We are not a table of passive designers, rather a group of social media strategists with an arsenal of creative skills. A diverse, multi-skilled bunch, made up of copywriters, photographers, animators and designers who work incredibly hard and always think social first. If you’re the kind of person who genuinely gets a buzz from being smart in the social space, then you're going to fit right in.
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll form part of the senior team that plays a valuable role in the day-to-day management of the agency.
- Translating a client’s objectives into effective, entertaining social-first content that is specifically aimed at achieving measurable results.
- Working alongside the rest of the Senior Creative team to standardise, improve and support the output of motion design of Born Social through execution, teaching, process and critique.
- Working with the wider Senior and Director team to effectively troubleshoot current account issues and supporting scoping and delivery of one-off projects within motion design.
- Running team sessions alongside fellow Senior Motion Designers that improve the Creative team’s understanding and delivery of motion design.
- Supporting professional development plans of motion designers with feedback, tasks and one-on-one sessions.
- Constantly reviewing the motion design process to understand where ways of working changes can be made and finding new solutions to help the teamwork more efficiently.
- Reviewing ways of working and implementing solutions to streamline processes in creative and motion design.
Who we're looking for:
A talented Senior Motion Designer with 3-5 years of agency or in-house experience, you live and breathe social, know how to create social-first assets and want to work on a variety of different clients across all sectors.
- A passion for leadership, with experience leading a small team.
- You're capable of taking strategy and executing it in social-first, show-stopping ways, with a keen eye for detail and intrigue.
- You’re passionate about motion design and aware of the latest trends and innovations.
- The Adobe Suite is your bread and butter. Particularly in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in additional software such as Red Giant and Cinema 4D or equivalent are valued bonuses.
- You love brands and social media: you're fascinated by brands, how they market themselves and use social media to do this. You are naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential.
- You can write compelling, unique social copy for a range of different audiences.
- You are organised and comfortable managing multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment where deadlines land simultaneously.
- You're a team player who is supportive and capable of bringing the best out of those around you.
- You're confident, vocal and professional, comfortable pitching ideas presenting in front of clients and attending shoots.
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to diversity and inclusion.