Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social by bringing method to the madness. We partner with the brands of tomorrow, future-focused and growing companies, from household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're a team of almost 70 people and not stopping there. We're looking for super ambitious people who can help us achieve our vision of putting social right at the beating heart of tomorrow’s brands.
We know that in order to get there, we need to consistently prove the case for social-first thinking - and we’re looking for a Data & Insight Director who can help us to make a tangible step forward in that area.
You’ll play an integral role both at the start and the end of our workflow - generating insight that leads to award-winning output, and proving beyond doubt the effectiveness of that work.
Excitingly, this is a brand new role for us and this person will have a chance to shape the role and offering. We’re looking for:
- Someone who has a deep of understanding of marketing effectiveness, and previous experience in linking social signals to business impact
- Someone who has previous experience in turning social data into actionable insights
- Someone with a social-first mindset - you’ll have a great understanding of social strategy across all areas
- Someone who can turn complex data into compelling narratives
- Someone who has a track record of building new products, services and intellectual property
You’ll be responsible for driving forward our Data, Insight and Measurement offering.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing and implementing a consistent theory of measurement and effectiveness across all teams and clients
- Building, launching and iterating a dashboard product that ties social signals to business impact
- Play a consultatory role across the client base, ensuring adoption of best-practice measurement & effectiveness and a shared understanding of success
- Consistently translating social data into insight that leads to award-winning social-first work - both in new business pitches and on retained clients
- Pitching and presenting, at both the new business stage and project delivery
- Managing our data suite - constantly evaluating whether we’re investing in the best possible tools and ensuring all teams are upskilled
- Contributing to our awards entries, prove beyond doubt the effectiveness of our entries
- Contributing to marketing materials (blogs, social posts, events) - using social data to produce narratives and educate the industry on social effectiveness
- Minimum of 5 years agency experience in a data / insight / effectiveness / measurement role.
- Experience with social listening tools (Netbase preferable)
- Experience with data visualisation platforms (Google Data Studio preferable)
- Practical experience with Marketing Mix Modelling, and Correlation vs Causation analysis
- Strong understanding of marketing effectiveness
- A track record of involvement in award-winning social campaigns
- Experience of introducing new products, services and IP within an agency environment
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to diversity and inclusion.