Born Social is a global social media agency that brings social-first thinking to the brands of tomorrow.
For the last 10 years, we’ve helped brands navigate and harness the chaos of social by bringing method to the madness. We partner with the brands of tomorrow, future-focused and growing companies, from household names like Guinness, Dettol, and Marks & Spencer to the next generation of big brands like Nando's, Fever-Tree, and Mission Tea.
We're an ambitious team of almost 70 people and not stopping there. We're growing fast and so we're looking for a new Motion Graphic Designer to join our team.
Being a Motion Designer at Born Social isn't just about making pretty things, it's about making effective work. Work that is tied closely to account strategy and often tasked with getting people to take action. We believe in adding real business value to our clients. We are not a table of passive designers, rather a group of social media strategists with an arsenal of creative skills. A diverse, multi-skilled bunch, made up of copywriters, photographers, animators and designers who work incredibly hard and always think social first. If you’re the kind of person who genuinely gets a buzz from being smart in the social space, then you're going to fit right in.
What you'll be doing:
- Translating a client’s objectives into effective, entertaining social-first content that is specifically aimed at achieving measurable results.
- Managing your allocated time. Clients need to know how much of our Creative's time they are getting month on month. We put a lot of emphasis on the importance of this. So dealing with workload and working efficiently is key here.
- Liaising with wider team members, working closely with the Social Media Manager, Account Director and Paid Media Managers on creative ideation and execution in pursuit of truly effective content, advertising and strategy.
Who we're looking for:
A talented Motion Designer with 1-3 years agency or in-house experience, you live and breathe social, know how to create social-first assets and want to work on a variety of different clients across all sectors.
- You're capable of taking strategy and executing it in social-first, show-stopping ways, with a keen eye for detail and intrigue.
- You’re passionate about motion design and aware of the latest trends and innovations.
- The Adobe Suite is your bread and butter. Particularly in After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in additional software such as Red Giant and Cinema 4D or equivalent are valued bonuses.
- You love brands and social media: you're fascinated by brands, how they market themselves and use social media to do this. You are naturally curious about the developments of the digital world and excited by its potential.
- You can write compelling, unique social copy for a range of different audiences.
- You are organised and comfortable managing multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment where deadlines land simultaneously.
- You're a team player who is supportive and capable of bringing the best out of those around you.
- You're confident, vocal and professional, comfortable pitching ideas presenting in front of clients and attending shoots.
We celebrate different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds here at Born Social. As an equal opportunities employer, we believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications regardless of race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, family or parental status. We don’t simply comply with the Equality Act, we go further and take pride in building a stronger and more creative work environment, committed to diversity and inclusion.